Learn how to Cook Shrimp on Pink Salt! Visit http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2011/0… for the ingredients! Plus, more info and over 500 additional original video recipes. I hope you enjoy this Cooking Shrimp on Pink Salt Recipe.
The actual recipe to this video:
Just the idea of cooking on what’s basically a slab of crystal, appealed to some indefinable internal force inside of me. Having said that, I still reserve the right to continue to mock those people that wear crystals for their healing properties, because that’s just nuts.
Anyway, back to these shrimp. As I summarize in the video: it was fun, I’m glad I did it, but I don’t think I would do it again, unless it was for some showy, interactive first course.
Above and beyond the Himalayan pink salt experiment, the ultra-simple shrimp preparation seen here can be easily adapted to your trusty non-crystal saute pan.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised how good seared shrimp are with nothing more than a pinch of cumin and cayenne. Just don’t forget the salt! Enjoy.
Note: After you cook on it, the salt block can be scraped clean, rinsed off (even though they said not to), and wiped dry. It’s a completely antiseptic surface and can be reused as many times as possible.
- Shrimp Crab Pasta Recipe (circleoffood.com)
- Shrimp linguine with Meyer lemon cream (thestar.com)
- Skewered Shrimp With Homemade Mango Marinade (fitsugar.com)
- How and what to cook on a Himalayan Salt Block? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Derrick: Andouille and Shrimp Gumbo (tastebudporn.tumblr.com)
- Recipe: Spicy Shrimp Curry (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The Perfect Valentine’s Recipe for Her: Shrimp Risotto (esquire.com)
- Xino Shrimp Dumplings Recipe (averagebetty.com)
- Recipe: Shrimp and Grits With Roasted Tomato, Fennel and Sausage (nytimes.com)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp (cookingwithkatie.wordpress.com)
- Budget-Friendly Valentine’s Day Recipes (hellobeautiful.com)
- Potted shrimp (boston.com)
- Surf and turf (charlotte.news14.com)